Monday, December 20, 2010

A Request from Me

Please allow me to take a break from my regular music postings to address you with a request.

Readers and followers,


In May 2011, I will be embarking on a trip to Africa with two goals. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, the world's largest free standing mountain, and help renovate schools for children in Tanzania.

Thanks to Childreach International USA (childreachusa.org), I am able to have the opportunity to achieve both of these goals. I have a set fundraising goal of $5,000 that will go towards Childreach, schools for children in Tanzania and the expenses of travel to and from Africa, as well as up the mountain.

As specified by Childreach, the money raised will be used primarily to support the School Improvement Programs and Vocational Training Centers in Tanzania. This past year, the program benefited 2,894 children in Tanzania by renovating classrooms, providing new supplies and building toilet and kitchen facilities. The Vocational Training Centers aim to help socially excluded and/or vulnerable children by teaching them practical skills to increase their chances of employment later in life. In 2009, the training centers taught carpentry, training, IT, math, and basic English to 125 young adults.

I am seeking help in reaching my $5,000 fundraising goal and I would really appreciate any donation you feel comfortable giving; I can assure you it's going to a great cause. Thanks so much.

To donate, follow this link: 
http://www.active.com/donate/ClimbKili4Kids/BKaplan

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or would like more information.

There may be a brief mentioning of this time to time, but you can expect the normal music posts to resume next post. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Brandon "DJ BK" Kaplan

No comments: